Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers with Goat Cheese
- 8 jalapeno peppers halved vertically and seeded
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cut in thirds
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat broiler to high. Arrange pepper halves on a baking sheet.In a medium bowl, combine goat cheese, cream cheese, red onion, salt, garlic, and pepper.
- Stir well to combine (you may need to microwave for 30-45 seconds, to thin the mixture). Divide filling among pepper halves.
- Broil for 6-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender and filling is slightly charred. Remove from oven and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Add honey to a small bowl. Microwave 30 seconds, or until consistency has thinned. Drizzle over peppers. Serve warm.